Friday, July 11, 2008

test time!

So yesterday was the test for Floaters. It took about 5 minutes and then the rest of the time they got to just play in the pool. Brandon was having so much fun in the pool I just kept taking more and more little videos :) The only thing they hadn't worked on was strokes both on front and back - the kids just can't learn that much in only 8 lessons. All the kids are beginning to float on their backs and start swimming on their tummy with the board. While playing in the pool Brandon would try to do both!!!!! I was very surprised. I have registered him for floaters again (three of the five kids are going in floaters and the other two going to camp), we hope they get the same teacher. That way they can just continue from this point instead of things they did two weeks ago. Anyway here are some pictures of him playing and a video of his little test.
This is B playing in the pool after the test.He was riding this like a horse!!!! lol

Test - He had to flip from back to front and back again (blowing bubbles too)

playing in the water - getting something of the bottom.

He's umm floating/swimming?

Playing

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I think our Brandon must be part fish. He sure loves water and is really taking to swimming. He's progressing so well, he must have an excellent teacher.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

That kid is so stinkin' cute!!! I love the videos (and I'm NEVER a video watcher!). I think the reason is that I know they'll be short, *laughing*. My videos are always about 30 seconds... I get a little, then hope the kids'll either be cute longer or start BEING cute... and then it's out of control. You're such a great mom!