Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lazy summer days and Cardinals

Living on the East coast brings new things into our everyday lives - humidity, lightning bugs and cardinals. Coming from Utah where there is no humidity makes it even worse. It's so hot and so muggy here sometimes you don't even want to go outside. But then you have the cardinals. If they are in Utah I've never seen them so I thinks it quite fun that they like my backyard (even with one and a half trees gone). This little one came on the 1st of July. After I went to find my camera I couldn't find him in the tree until Brandon laughed and said he was by the basketball on the ground. This picture is through the sliding glass door so it's not all that great.

In fact I think I will look and see if I have another picture from a couple of months ago.....YES! I do. Here is one Cardinal from April visiting us :)Now, I don't have any pictures of lightening bugs - I do have to say that I find them.....strange. You (or I) will be standing in my backyard....it's getting dark and then suddenly zap! WHAT THE?????? Yes, that's how they get your attention. Suddenly they make a loud zapping noise and it looks like a spark of electricity in the air. Spooky!
Here is Brandon playing in the backyard (in his pool).




Video of Brandon slowly sliding down into the water.


Video of Brandon sliding on his tummy into his pool.

On his bum.

On his back. He kept saying "ok Mom, take a picture of me doing this".

Happy July 4th eveyone!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Looks like a good way to cool off.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

OHMYGOSH, he is adorable! I loved each of those videos--and laughed right out loud at the first one where he's going slowly down the slide.

I was driving home today and... now I'm trying to remember WHY I thought of you, but I did. :) I remembered how Rich introduced himself to you and you falling into a toilet of a low seat at work, and of coming over to your little apartment, and going to the ice cream place that I can't remember the name of now, and when you got Brandon... All of those things. I miss you!! I hope you're doing well, and maybe one of these days we'll get to hang out. :) xoxoxoxoxo (that's one set for Rich, for you, for Brandon, for Normie and for Taluma)