Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Modest Proposal

I just finished reading "A Modest Proposal" by Michele Ashman Bell.

A group of six girlfriends graduate from high school when tragedy strikes. One of the girls dies in a car accident. The five remaining girls decide to put together a box that holds items that are dear to them. Once a year they will get together and talk about the items in the box- a beautiful butterfly box.

This book is the first in a series and it's focuses on a young girl named Lauryn. She wants to be a designer - a designer of modest formal gowns. On top of this she will be turning 30 soon and is still single. As a joke she and a male friend (right after graduation) said that if they were both single when they turn 30 they should meet and get married. She's 30 and single but is he? Why does everyone at her new job act as if they can't stand her? What's going on with some of her friends and was Ava's accident really an accident or was it foul play? Join Lauryn in this wonderful ride with the butterfly girls.

I really loved this book! I can't wait to read the others in the series when they come out.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

How do you find such good books? I am glad you put these books on here so I can find them and read them too.

Sharon said...

Hi Jo,
This book just came in the library for me today! I'm excited to read it.

Sharon

Jennie said...

Ha! Ha! I've already read it and by the way, I loved it. I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

Michele Ashman Bell said...

MaryJo,
I was tickled pink (and other lovely colors) to see that wonderful review of my book on your blog. It's such a fun suprise to see someone do something nice like that, without even having to pay them! Above all, I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed the book. Thank you for sharing your kind words with others.

Michele Ashman Bell