Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Saturday at the M&T stadium

Okay so Saturday after Brandon's ice skating class we drove up to Walter Reed and picked up 4 people to take to the Kenny Chesney "Poets and Pirates" concert in Baltimore. Before when I heard we were going (the day before) I thought it would be at the Verizon Center (indoor) and in the evening. Turns out that it was at 2:30 pm at the M&T stadium. Once we got there we took our seats and waited for the show to start. That's when we found out that the show was going to go until 11pm or longer (they were going to have 5 bands sing before him). Hmmm. We will have to leave early if it's okay with the people that came with us. I hated to do that but we were going to have to drive back to Walter Reed and then home. That meant it was going to be a very long day. At 2:30 the show didn't start. By 3pm (I think) a band that won a contest played some songs. After that they had to clear the stage for the next singer Gary Allen. Sorry I don't really listen to country music so I don't know any Gary Allen songs. The next singer was LeAnn Rimes. Cool! Love her! Here is a picture of her singing. We had really good seats although they were up in the 500 section. Thanks for the tickets Operation Second Chance! We love you! Anyway LeAnn sang it was great.
The bands played a lot of songs kind of like a mini concert. The next band was Big and Rich. The only song that I knew before hand was "Ride a Cowboy, Save a Horse" lol I did recognize 'I play chicken with the train" by Big Troy.

Next band to play was Brooks and Dunn. Here is their balloon.
Here is Brooks and Dunn. Again not a big country fan so I didn't really know any songs but did recognize the name of the band :)
So here we are after 8:30/9pm pm Brandon took a nap in my arms so we decide- we have waited this long whats one more hour before we leave. I recognized his "no shirt, no shoes, no problem" The concert was great. We waited until around 10 ish to leave. Here's a couple of more pics of Kenny. Great concert. Thanks to all those who made this happen for our soldiers at Walter Reed. It means a lot for these people to get out of the hospital and to do something that's not hospital related. Thanks again.

While we were driving home we turned the radio on to 98.7. They were playing the concert live. The concert was still going on at 11:30 ish. Wow! We sure did have fun.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor Brandon, I know how hard it is for kids to sit that long. I hope you brought sun-screen. But, that also sounds really fun, even though I would only recognize the same songs you did.

JonesFamilyBlog said...

Wow, that looks so fun. I am a country fan and they got some really good bands to play. I'm glad you guys and others that deserve something fun got to go!