Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tilghman Island

On Saturday we went to Tilghman Island with Operation Second Chance. We had a BBQ party at this beautiful house right on the pier. Our friends the Wilson's came across from their house on someone's boat (the same people who own the beautiful house we went to after the guys went fishing a couple of weeks ago). Even though it was straight across the bay from Chesepeak Beach we had to drive over the Bay Bridge to get there. It took about 3 hours from our house. I tried to get a couple of pictures of the Bay Bridge but I was using Rich's camera and it doesn't like me. Here are some pictures that I did manage to get.Brandon playing.
I think he was doing a cartwheel.
We had gone swimming in a neighbors pool when Brandon's "girlfriend" arrived.
Here they are playing on the hammock.
The news had reported that the jellyfish were really bad this year. Something about overfishing... anyway there are more jellyfish in the water than everbefore so it is very dangerous to be in the bay (we never went in). This is off of the pier. When you stand on the pier you can see at least two jellyfish in the water at all times. This one was scooped up to show us how long the tentacles were. The first one we saw was purple (it was very pretty).

The sunset.
More sunset. All in all we had a wonderful time and we can't thank Cindy from Operation Second Chance for all that she has done for us during the two years we have been here. Thank you Cindy from the bottom of our heart.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow! Fantastic pictures

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

"but I was using Rich's camera and it doesn't like me."

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA

Okay. Now that I have that out of my system *snicker* *big grin*. Congrats on your next phase of life! I'll be watching for where you end up going!! xoxoxoxo