Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Test day for floaters

Yesterday I went grocery shopping. Brandon stayed home with his daddy :) I bought Twinkies. I don't think I have ever bought Twinkies because I ate one as a kid that was stale and it was gross! I saw on the foot network that Twinkies are only good for two weeks after they are made to I decided to look at the expiration date on the back before I bought a box. The first box was only good for another week the second box for two. So I bought that box. A couple of hours later I opened one up for Brandon - he had never had one before and he wasn't sure what it was. I just told him it was yummy and it had cream in it. He loved it! Later he told me he wanted bread for breakfast - I thought um OK if you want.

Now it's Wednesday, I cut him up a fresh peach for breakfast and gave him his fruit loops. "Mom, I want my bread too." I look at how much food he already has and tell him I will give him some when the other food is gone. "Mom, you said" (I could have one) Okay, I get out the bread from the freezer. "No, Mom! the bread and butter you bought yesterday." Hmmm I only bought two loafs and some hamburger/hotdog buns.....what was he talking about? Bread with butter, bread with butter, bread with butter - TWINKIES lol Brandon do you mean these? I get into the cupboard and show him the twinkies. "Yes, Mommy those." I then explain that they are cake and whipped cream not bread and butter and that if he ate his lunch (not breakfast) he could have one later. :) cute kid huh!!!!

So last Wednesday the floater class had their test. I think that half of the class graduated to Strokers, one of them being Brandon - Yeah!!!!! Of course half of the class were kids taking floaters a second time lol. One thing that was funny is that the teachers were going over the rules of swimming and trying to get the kids to answer the questions. They would say "tell me some rules." The kids would answer "no running, no horse play" ect one that they talked about was life guards. The teacher asked who were the life guards and Brandon raised his hand and said "MEEEEEE" we all laughed. When the other teacher asked the same question about 5 minutes later Brandon said "Meeeeeeeeeeee" again. I told him that if he wanted to be one when he grew up that would be fine. lol

Anyway here are pictures and little movies of Brandon during his test.

Gathering all the toys.
Putting them on the side of the pool.


This one is floating (Brandon is swimming) for 5 seconds.

Floating on his back.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hmm, let him have twinkies with sliced strawberries. Makes a great shortcake.

The swimming pictures are great. He's going to really miss that class when he comes out here.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

LOVE the new headers!

And I say let him have twinkies too--I like your mom's ideas of slicing strawberries. Just don't buy another box too soon, ha ha. :D