Friday, June 27, 2008

Desire of our Hearts By Sariah S Wilson

While I am waiting for the books on my list to come I thought I would review a book I read not to long ago. I chose Desire of our Hearts by Sariah S Wilson.
"You have two choices. You are to marry either Alma or Amulon." "This must be some sort of jest," she said in disbelief. "It is no jest," her father said. "You will go to the palace tomorrow before sundown with your decision." ...Sam leaned against a tall stone building for support. The wall felt cool against her forehead. It wouldn't be a difficult decision. It wasn't much of a decision at all. Alma seemed kind. Not that she believed such a thing was possible. How could any man who served the king be kind? It is a time of pleasure and luxury—if you belong to the inner circle of King Noah and his decadent priests. It is a time of servitude and deprivation if you don't. And if you dare to believe the bold words of the prophet Abinadi, it is a time to fear for your very life. In Desire of Our Hearts, LDS author Sariah S. Wilson weaves an intricate, suspenseful, and romantic narrative. Set against the backdrop of the Book of Mormon account of Alma's conversion and breathtaking escape as he leads a band of courageous believers toward religious freedom, this familar and beloved story is brimming with all the elements needed to make it a spiritual odyssey and a tender and timeless love story.

I loved this book! I like it when authors take a story that we know and make it bigger and better. Sure I thought how dangerous it was for Alma when I read Mosiah but my heart was pounding when the guards were hunting him down, hoping he would get away (duh!) lol. I thought this book was well written and I give it my thumbs up if anyone is interested in reading it. I let a friend borrow this book and she loved it too.

1 comment:

Sariah Wilson said...

I'm so glad you liked it! :)

And hey, be sure to pass it around to anyone else you think might like it. The more the merrier, right? ;)