Friday, October 24, 2008

20 years ago...

Becca just tagged me. :O so now I need to do a blog on what I was doing twenty years ago...

20 years ago 1988
Twenty years ago.. I had just graduated from high school and was starting my first semester of college. I think I started working at the college Feb 1989 in the Media Center.

My school just had our 20 year reunion. I didn't go because I was in the middle of moving back to Utah.

10 years ago 1998
Ten years ago I had been married for five years and was working at Salt Lake Community College in the Media Center.

5 years ago 2003
After working in the Media Center I went to work for Distance Education from 1999-2002. In 2001 my husband joined the National Guard and then in 2002 re-entered the Army. We moved from Salt Lake to Fort Lewis, Washington. February 2003 my husband was sent to Iraq and four and a half years ago we adopted our sweet angel – Brandon.

1 year ago 2007
Let’s see…A year ago we were living at Andrews AirForce Base. In Nov 2004 Rich was sent to Korea and then 9 months into his tour he was sent to Iraq. March of 2006 he was injured and sent to Walter Reed Hospital in Washington DC (I was living in West Jordan, Ut). We (Brandon and I) moved to Maryland to be with him after 18 months. So a year ago we were living in Maryland, I had just been given the job as 2nd councilor in my ward Relief Society, Rich was recuperating and Brandon was a busy three year old.

Yesterday
Going back some more.. about a month ago we moved back to Utah.
I took my dog to the Vet. She had surgery on her right front paw. We thought that it might be cancer but it wasn’t. She is being naughty and keeps licking it.

Today
Trying to buy a house and get a job.

Tomorrow
Go to “build and Grow” at Lowes.
Go to the Zoo.
Go to our wards Trunk or Treat.

2 comments:

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Hi, MaryJo! I'm a friend of your mom's and she said to check out that picture of Brandon. It is absolutely hilarious! I love it. What a sweet boy. At that age, they have such fun personalities. Love it!

Rebecca said...

:D thanks for playing the Tag game!!
Fun to think about life through the years, huh???